By Demian Russian
Sirius XM Radio’s (NASDAQ:SIRI) non-partisan political news/talk channel SiriusXM P.O.T.U.S. and African-American talk channel The Power (Sirius Radio and XM Radio channel 128) will broadcast in-depth coverage of the 57th Presidential Inauguration live from Capitol Hill—steps away from the inaugural podium—providing satellite radio listeners nationwide a front-row seat to the second inauguration of President Barack Obama. Sirius XM’s extensive, live coverage kicks off today at 11:00 am ET.
SiriusXM P.O.T.U.S./channel 124:
· Tim Farley, SiriusXM P.O.T.U.S. program director/host of The Morning Briefing and Jon Decker, veteran White House correspondent/SiriusXM P.O.T.U.S. contributor, co-anchor live, uninterrupted coverage, bringing listeners the entire inaugural program—uncut and unfiltered. P.O.T.U.S.’ White House correspondent Jared Rizzi and correspondent Pamela Kirkland will navigate the throngs of people to interview attendees about the day’s sights, sound and significance. Julie Mason, veteran White House correspondent/host of The Press Pool, leads coverage from the P.O.T.U.S. studios in Washington, D.C. Originally created to offer unprecedented, unfiltered coverage of the 2008 presidential election, SiriusXM P.O.T.U.S. has evolved into the 24/7 channel dedicated to “Politics of The United States”/presidential politics.
The Power/channel 128:
· SiriusXM’s Joe Madison, “The Black Eagle,” anchors The Power’s live inaugural coverage beginning at 11:00 am ET. In addition, Madison will pay tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.—and honor the significance of King’s national day of observance falling on the same day as the second inauguration of the first African-American President of the United States and the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement—on a pre-inaugural special airing January 21 beginning at 6:00 am ET on The Power. The five-hour special features Madison’s interviews with a powerful lineup of guests including Martin Luther King III and Myrlie Evers Williams, the widow of civil rights leader Medgar Evers who will deliver the invocation at Monday’s Inauguration.
Below, the complete lineup of guests joining Madison on air:
· Martin Luther King III, human rights advocate/community activist and oldest son of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
· Myrlie Evers Williams, widow of civil rights leader Medgar Evers/former chair of the NAACP
· Comedian/activist Dick Gregory
· Major Clydea M. Prichard-Brown of the Joint Task Force-National Capital Region, who will discuss the role of the Joint Task Force in inaugural planning/execution
· Taylor Branch, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The King Years: Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement
· Dr. Lonnie Bunch, Director, African-American Museum of History & Culture
· Kelly Washington and Walt Sanderson of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, a re-enactment group invited to march in the Inaugural Parade
· April Ryan, White House Correspondent, American Urban Radio Network
· Ted Massinello, President, USA Coffee
Joe Madison will open the special airing President Obama’s first Inaugural Address. He will close by sharing the audio of “The Relevancy of the Dream in 2013 and Beyond,” a speech he personally delivered this month at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day—with listeners.
Disclosure: Long SIRI
Contact the author: DemianRussian@SatelliteRadioPlayground.com